Industry: Manufacturing & Production
We have an immediate opening for a Product Development Engineer to manage technical resources, troubleshoot processes to minimize technical issues, and support our customers.
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with financial security, health, and well-being. In addition to competitive pay, we off a variety of benefit programs:
Medical, Life, Dental, Vision, and other Company benefits
401(k) with Company retirement contribution and Company match
Performance Pay based on business performance
This is a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities and is not all inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Manage resources within the technical team to meet both internal and external NPI milestones in accordance with the company’s financial objectives.
- Act as the primary Product Development Engineer to customers (both internal and external) during both the NPI phase and the production of manufacturing for all parts.
- Ensure all processes are designed to meet or exceed customer requirements as specified on purchase orders, blueprints, specifications, or other related documents.
- Develop, modify, & improve the metallurgical processes associated with the production of conventional and isothermal forgings in accordance with customer design requirements.
- Perform and support root cause analysis & implement corrective actions on processes to minimize technical issues utilizing APQP methodology.
- Continuously improve part profitability implementing testing reduction and process improvements.
- Communicate regularly with internal employees in Manufacturing, Sales, and externally with Customers.
- Perform various department and/or company projects, including planning, organizing data collection, and presentation.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned by group leader and/or department head.
Work Location/Environmental Requirements: Nickel and titanium manufacturing facility. Exposure to: moving mechanical parts; wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold, extreme heat, vibration; loud noise level
- Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgy, Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or related field from an accredited institution.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Master’s Degree in Metallurgy, Material Science and Engineering or Business Administration from an accredited institution.
- 7+ years of Metallurgical work experience with Titanium and / or Nickel based Super Alloys.
Security Clearance Required: No