Industry: Manufacturing & Production
Looking for a Planner in our Blind Products department . This position analyzes and plans effective work schedules to support customer requirements, inventory and master production schedule. Evaluates manufacturing resources such as employee staffing, machine and material availability and develops schedules which achieve highest possible levels of on-time product delivery. This position will be based in or Waco, TX plant.
Role and Responsibilities
- Directs Focused Factory planning/scheduling function to ensure products are delivered safely, on-time, and in accordance with profit targets.
- Leads materials management activities function within Focus Factory, ensuring that raw material, work-in-process, and finished goods inventories are appropriately controlled.
- Plans and schedules Focus Factory production.
- Plans and schedules delivery of raw materials to support the Focus Factory schedule.
- Releases work orders and shop floor dispatches for Focus Factory.
- Mangers Focus Factory inventory, to include raw material, components and finish goods.
- Maintains databases to ensure current, accurate information is available for Focus Factory scheduling.
- Interfaces regularly with Customer Service to determine accurate delivery dates and to expedite orders.
- Directs Focused Factory personnel activities in consultation with Manufacturing Supervisor.
- Interfaces with Senior Management to develop and evaluate operating policies, procedures and processes.
- Analyzes manufacturing operations and continuously seeks to improve operational results.
- When performing any tasks involving hazardous chemicals or hazardous wastes, follow the regulations and requirements of SPCC Plan, RCRA regulations and operating procedures involving hazardous chemicals outlined in the HFS-Waco Environmental Management System.
- Ensures that all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and environmental standards.
- Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conducts all activities in accordance with the Company Guide to Business Conduct
- Demonstrates a knowledge of and commitment to Howmet Business Systems manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree from an accredited university. Preferred to by in Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration or Supply Chain Management
Minimum of two years’ in a manufacturing environment scheduling or planning production
Interpersonal skills to interface with employees, peers, management, and customers.
Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to analyze situations and initiate actions required to solve problems.
Follow-up skills to monitor progress on critical action items.
A strong bias toward action to ensure that required activities are undertaken within tight timeframes.
Strong computer skills (BaaN, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Knowledge of Material Requirements Planning methodologies.
Knowledge and experience with lean manufacturing, preferably in the fastener industry.
Communication, presentation, and persuasion skills.
Ability to work independently, prioritizing and completing work assignments with minimal direction.