Industry: Mining / Metals
Job Category: Engineering – Other Engineering
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Key member of the GRP organization in the improvement, development, and implementation of products and processes
Work closely with manufacturing locations, and interfaces with technical support groups, and customers to develop improvement projects to support business objectives and support customer needs.
Increasing responsibilities in the role including the potential management of direct reports.
Role is located at our manufacturing plant in Alcoa, Tennessee (preferred) or Davenport, Iowa.
Work with location Quality Assurance and Manufacturing organizations to improve product recovery, processing right first time, and reduce customer claims.
Implement Process Management standard practices and IATF core tools to improve processing stability, product quality, and equipment capacity.
Coordinate development trials to support the Commercial organization, and the company’s Technical Center
Sponsor and lead development projects to support business goals to reduce system cost, which may be product focused, or process focused in casting, thermal mechanical processing, or finishing.
Work with Quality Assurance organizations to support customer qualifications (Development Stage Gate 5) and to ensure that products are in-control and capable through production rollout (Development Stage Gate 6)
Optimize product flow paths, including rebalancing between manufacturing facilities and multi-mill solutions, to reduce system costs.
Develop a network of technical, operations and supply chain within the manufacturing locations to support process optimization and the conducting of improvement trials.
- BS in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science, or Chemical Engineering
- 10 years of product and process metallurgy experience
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Ability to provide technical and project management support to other locations
- Experience working on product and process improvement actions, such as flatness, mechanical properties, product recovery, and equipment capacity
- Proficient with data analysis and root cause problem solving tools
- Experience with cost benefit analysis and business case development
- Experience working with IATF16949, CQI-9, and quality system core tools such as FMEA and Control Plans
- Masters degree and/or 15 years manufacturing experience