Job Opportunity: Quality and Process Improvement Engineer
Client: Award-Winning Global Corporation
Location: Brandon, South Dakota
Our esteemed client, a globally recognized industry leader, is seeking a dynamic individual to join their team as a Quality and Process Improvement Engineer. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to a renowned organization with a track record of success.
Fulltime Onsite with Paid Relocation
- Act as a change agent within a collaborative team, influencing and facilitating the application of effective quality tools and problem-solving techniques.
- Fulfill the role of an Engineering Team Facilitator when assigned.
- Lead cross-functional continuous improvement projects to enhance processes, involving internal and external stakeholders.
- Utilize the 8D process and reports to troubleshoot and resolve issues such as customer complaints, internal product/process failures, equipment malfunctions, and other plant support matters.
- Resolve challenges using advanced statistical analysis and innovative problem-solving techniques.
- Coordinate change management activities (PWP, FWP, and Implementation).
- Design and manage experiments to drive process enhancements.
- Oversee complaint resolutions for key customer accounts and critical issues.
- Develop a deep understanding of manufacturing and quality equipment, processes, and technology.
- Direct critical internal product and process issue resolutions.
- Mentor and train engineers and technicians.
- Lead various audits, including vendor, customer, internal, and certification audits.
- Facilitate mediation discussions to achieve inter-department consensus for issue resolution.
- Coordinate and execute self-directed projects, encompassing Safety Improvement, Cost Reduction, Efficiency/Productivity Improvement, Quality Improvement, and New Equipment/New Process Technology Implementation.
- Develop formal reports detailing disciplined root cause and corrective action.
- Enhance business systems to reduce conflict and ambiguity.
- Prepare sanitized reports for external consumption by key accounts.
- Coordinate and update documentation, such as manufacturing, equipment, test method, and other instructions.
- Facilitate plant activities between functions to ensure the shipment of samples and problem products.
- Direct new product transfers into the plant, coordinating all aspects of manufacturing validation with product development teams.
- Characterize and validate raw material and product changes.
- Participate in risk assessments (HAZOP, JSA, MOC, etc.).
- Present metrics and reports to management and external customers.
- Initiate, develop, and execute projects developed from your own ideas (with management approval).
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred (Electrical or Industrial Engineers will be considered).
- 5-10+ years of engineering experience in Project Management, Process Engineering, Quality Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering in semiconductor packaging or chemical processing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in mixing, coating, converting, and punch press operations.
- Certified Quality Engineer by a recognized professional organization preferred.
- Six Sigma Green belt certification; Black belt preferred.
- Practiced and Trained in Lean Principles.
- Leadership training and/or experience leading projects and small groups of professionals.
- Up-to-date in the field via literature, technical meetings, and professional organization memberships.
- Background in statistics and quality tools preferred. Familiarity with SPC principles and application to batch processes. Competent in problem-solving techniques such as DOE, SPC, FMEA, PPAP, MCA, etc.
Job ID: 3165187
Note: Our client has received numerous awards globally and is known for its commitment to excellence. Please review the position requirements carefully before submitting potential candidates for consideration.