Industry: Construction & Trades
Sr. Construction Estimator – Water/Wastewater Treatment Plants
Southland Holdings is seeking an experienced Senior Estimator for our growing team in Grapevine, TX. This position is a hybrid position. Mandatory office days are based upon company needs.
Offering – Competitive Pay, Great Vacation Plan, Room for Advancement, Relocation Assistance, Health/Dental/Vision & 401K Match
- Proven track record of estimating $50,000,000+ projects per year
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to a particular bid/project as assigned
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Perform Risk and Contract Management responsibilities as required, review/incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man-hour figures
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials
- Obtain knowledge of project and appropriate regulations required to construct the project to meet affirmative action requirements and DBE requirements, review list of work to be performed by subcontractors
- Review final estimate and apply strategic cost factors if necessary
- Cultivate owner, engineer, strategic sub and supplier relationships within industry
- Prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to be bid. Set productive, consistent, and acceptable work example.
For more than 100 years, hard-working, honest, and innovative people have been building what has become Southland Holdings. We combine the strengths of six infrastructure construction companies that share a dedication to building critical infrastructure projects which improve the environment and the lives of those around us. Our combined companies bid in excess of $6 Billion of Infrastructure projects per year.
Companies- Johnson Bros. Corporation, Heritage Materials, Oscar Renda Contracting, American Bridge, Southland Contracting Inc., Mole Constructors
Southland Holdings is an EEO employer – M/F/D/V
Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants