Job ID: 3162352
Exciting Opportunity with an Award-Winning Client
Position: Estimator – Commercial Construction
Industry: Construction & Trades
Job Category: Engineering – Civil & Structural Engineering
Why Choose Our Client?
Our client is a renowned leader in the construction and trades industry, with a strong commitment to excellence. They are seeking a dedicated Estimator to join their team and be part of their continued success.
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive compensation with a substantial annual bonus
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401k with a generous 5% matching contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health, Vision, and Dental Benefits
- Opportunities for Career Growth and Advancement
As an Estimator in the dynamic field of commercial construction, your role involves preparing estimates, primarily focusing on commercial parking structures and large commercial concrete footings and foundations. You may also work on estimates for various commercial buildings, including apartment complexes, office buildings, and vertical constructions.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings and actively participate in pre-bid meetings to define the scope of work and estimate requirements.
- Create estimates by calculating various data points, including quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man-hour, and equipment costs, and applying them to the complete scope of work.
- Investigate historical data (e.g., purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports) and compile summary reports to establish guidelines and precedents for future estimates.
- Contribute to the development of bid package estimate documents.
- Perform additional tasks as directed by your Supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management from a four-year college, technical school, or university, or an equivalent amount of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial estimating.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in reading and analyzing engineering drawings, technical plans, purchase orders, and contracts.
- Strong mathematical aptitude, including knowledge of fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions for practical calculations and mathematical extensions. Proficiency in geometric formulas and equations for area and volume calculations.
- General understanding of estimating techniques, cost control, and material pricing.
Skills and Certifications (bolded items are required):
- Proficiency with Bid2Win bottom-up estimating.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
- Over 5 years of experience in Commercial Concrete Estimating or Heavy Civil Estimating.