Industry: Aerospace / Aviation / Defense
Job Category: Engineering – Systems
Our company is looking to hire professionals with experience in spacecraft power design and spacecraft electrical power subsystem (EPS) architecture development. This individual will establish enduring partnerships through guidance and development of spacecraft platforms reaching across a broad portfolio of spacecraft payload applications. (Relocation is authorized for this role)
Innovative thinkers are needed to capitalize on marketplace product development, shape our supplier partnerships, advocate for internal development opportunities, and standardize the design and manufacturing cycle of the EPS. Thorough knowledge of spacecraft power subsystems and associated auxiliaries: including solar arrays, batteries, power conversion topologies, charging systems, power control/switching techniques, regulation, distribution, monitor & protection, fault handling and power quality. The candidate would focus upon business strategies leveraging existing solutions and/or developing scalable solutions driven by IR&D and program investments.
Additionally, the candidate will work with internal and external functional/cross-functional teams developing technology roadmaps, assisting in design, and resolving issues in current development efforts, as well as engage, influence and drive future architecture product offerings and proposals.
- Program support roles include mission/requirements definition, concept generation, trade studies, spacecraft power architecture development & integration, preliminary and final power system design, component selection & implementation, testing support and design documentation.
- Collaborate with manufacturing operation for fabrication in a program team environment.
- Prepare and present design strategies and approaches at internal and Customer Design Reviews.
- Advise and brief Program & Functional Leadership on spacecraft power architecture technology roadmaps, latest technological developments in the field, emerging technologies and business strategies.
- Support Root Cause Corrective Actions (RCCA) and Failure Review Boards (FRB).
- Lead a small team of design engineers or work independently.
- Perform worst case electrical performance and stress analysis for a radiation environment
- Perform satellite EPS energy balance
- Adept at mentoring less experienced power engineers
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with at least 12 years of experience, OR a Graduate Degree with at least 10 years or experience.
- Experience with interpreting high level requirements and performance specifications to develop spacecraft power architecture.
- Comprehensive experience in power conversion topologies, power devices application and implementation, control loop theory, thermal management, custom magnetics design, PWB layout and EMI filtering.
- Thorough knowledge of spacecraft power subsystems including solar arrays, batteries, power conversion topologies, charging systems, power control/switching methodologies, regulation, distribution, monitor & protection, fault handling and power quality.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills; effectively interacting with cross-functional teams and across all levels of Leadership.
- Experience with mission/requirements definition, concept generation, trade studies, test support materials selection, and design documentation.
- Experience collaborating with manufacturing operation for fabrication in a program team environment.
- Experience with Root Cause Corrective Actions (RCCA) and Failure Review Boards (FRB).
- Matlab/Simulink, Mathcad proficiency.
- Mentor Graphics knowledge is a plus.
Security Clearance Required: Yes
Visa Candidate Considered: No