Our Award Winning Client is actively seeking a talented Regional Sales Manager- Capital Equipment to join their dynamic team. This is a full-time onsite position with paid relocation. Our client has received numerous accolades and operates nationally, providing an excellent opportunity for career growth.
- Proven Sales Expertise: Minimum of 4 years selling Customized Capital Equipment to End-Users within the Food Packaging or Food Processing segments. Willing to speak with candidates that have less sales experience with at least two years.
- Lead generation: Through trade shows, industry meetings, networking, and cold-calling.
- Technical knowledge: With capital equipment machinery and functionality. Experience selling complex, customized solutions.
- Experience with long, complex sales cycle: With numerous stakeholders, into the food processing or food packaging segments.
- Location: State of Ohio, with preferred cities including Columbus, OH, Cincinnati, OH, or Pittsburgh, PA (within a 45-mile radius east from the Ohio border). While the preferred cities are mentioned, they are not mandatory.
- Demonstrated track record: of sales success throughout the career.
- Consultative sales approach: With experience negotiating and closing large, customized deals.
- Experience selling large, complex equipment: With related quoting, production, and installation challenges.
- Existing relationships: With customers or decision makers in food processing or food packaging.
- Proven success building or growing: A sales territory.
- Bachelor’s of Science – Engineering.
- Proficient in Office 365: Particularly Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Working knowledge of CRM systems required.
Our Award Winning Client, a leader in packaging solutions, is looking for a motivated individual to fill the role of Regional Sales Manager- Capital Equipment. This position involves generating sales to both prospective and existing food industry customers throughout the state of Ohio. As an independent contributor, you will be responsible for the complete sales process, including prospecting, reporting, quoting, and closing business in accordance with sales goals.
Travel: This position requires extensive travel with up to 80% of the time traveling. Ability to drive long distances with frequent overnight stays is required. The remainder of the time will be spent in the Northeast Regional Office or incumbent’s home office to ensure proper preparation and follow-up. Occasional weekend travel may be necessary to attend meetings, trade shows, etc. Some international travel is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Identify potential sales opportunities with existing customers and new prospects through various methods, including customer site visits, leads provided by the company, and other prospecting techniques. Achieve territory bookings and invoiced sales goals.
- Manage an efficient travel schedule to maximize customer contacts per trip and minimize overnight travel.
- Provide all necessary information and documentation for the completion of sales proposals and orders. Prepare detailed proposals/quotes according to customer requirements. Take responsibility for managing customer expectations throughout the order process, including coordination with internal departments.
- Leverage resources such as CRM, marketing tools, demonstration facilities, and support staff to facilitate the sales process.
- Maintain updated, accurate, and thorough CRM data (forecasts).
- Participate in the development and execution of a business plan and budget for the territory.
- Monitor and report competitive activity in the territory and elsewhere.
- Operate within an annual expense budget.
- Participate in trade shows, sales meetings, industry gatherings, continuous training, and other directed activities.
- Serve as an active student of the industry and the sales profession.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Consultative sales experience required. Ideal candidates will have at least five years’ experience selling capital equipment in food processing and packaging. Candidates with experience selling large equipment into other manufacturing-oriented facilities will also be considered.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Must have strong presentation skills.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Office 365, particularly Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Working knowledge of CRM systems required.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a passport for travel is required for this position.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather); will work near moving mechanical parts, and may be exposed to extreme cold or heat (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to walk. The associate is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What have you primarily sold, and to whom?
- Do you have a non-compete? If so, please provide the type(s) of equipment or customer covered, as well as the duration.
- Briefly describe your experienced selling customized capital equipment solutions to end users.
- How much are you accustomed to traveling?
- Briefly describe a sales achievement that highlights a high level of strategy and/or resilience.
- Have you had any prior exposure to, or experience with, Multivac equipment?
- How many times have you met or exceeded quota in the last five years? (Please explain shortfalls).
- Phone Screen: Sr. Corporate Recruiter.
- Virtual interview: Director of Sales – NE Region.
- Virtual Interview: National Sales Director.
- In-person Interview: NE Region sales team