JOB ID: 3149762
FULL-TIME ONSITE ROLE WITH PAID RELOCATION
Our esteemed client, an industry leader in Aerospace, Aviation, and Defense, is seeking a highly skilled individual for a challenging role in Quality Engineering based in Dayton, Ohio. This opportunity comes with numerous benefits, including a generous bonus structure.
QUALITY ENGINEER POSITION
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States
Industry: Aerospace / Aviation / Defense
Scheduled work from home days
Job Category: Manufacturing – Quality
Client: Award-Winning Global Leader
- Develop and execute project quality plans, witness-points, and quality records for compliance.
- Collaborate with diverse teams to address and resolve non-conformances effectively.
- Perform dimensional and visual inspections on various components, utilizing scales, calipers, and gauges.
- Analyze and summarize data, generating insightful reports and pivot tables.
- Ensure Lessons Learned are considered in new proposals and programs.
- Witness and audit hardware and software development processes to ensure adherence to standards.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives in processes and execution.
- Review and approve drawings and work instructions as needed.
- Identify needs/causes/trends and present analysis for potential resolutions.
- Create inspection criteria for in-process and final inspection based on blueprints, drawings, schematics, and specifications.
- Read, understand, and apply written work instructions, procedures, specifications, and standards.
- Ensure regulatory, procedural, and contractual requirements are met during product development/introduction.
- U.S. Citizen.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years of hands-on experience with inspection of electronic, mechanical, and/or electro-mechanical components and assemblies.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent customer relationship building skills, and strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong commitment to quality, safety, and processes, coupled with flexibility to meet evolving needs.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to offer guidance or direction to other personnel, as needed.
- Experience with aerospace industry standards such as AS9100, AS9102, and AS9145 (APQP).
- Experience working on electronics/electromechanical assemblies.
- Familiarity with ESD protocols and practices.
- Capability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office programs.
- Understanding of root cause & corrective action methods.
- Proven analytical and organizational abilities.
- Ability to lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Experience reviewing/generating FAIs in accordance with AS9102.
- Quality auditor experience is advantageous.
- IPC J-STD 001/610 and 620 certification.
JOB ID: 3149762