The Process Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing, and supporting new and existing manufacturing processes and equipment that ensure process repeatability, product quality, labor efficiency and cost target attainment.
Manages Maintenance Personnel in all Lane Plastics Manufacturing Plants.
· Increases production efficiencies by identifying productivity improvement opportunities and working with plants to implement these opportunities.
· Create Preventative Maintenance program and provide project management for effective implementation of optimized processes and equipment.
· Review the condition of existing manufacturing lines and work with the plant teams to develop and execute equipment/line improvement plans.
· Support new production tooling runs and changeovers.
· Train employees as needed.
· Assist the plant teams in reviewing their equipment needs and helping to prioritize these needs for capital planning purposes.
· In conjunction with the VP, Facilities Superintendent, manage key equipment installations.
· Implement and maintain continuous improvement program and drive best practices through standardized processes.
· Ability to train and drive a culture of continuous improvement methodology. In addition, leading and supporting the plants continuous improvement initiatives.
· Lead groups to systematically problem solve and identify root causes and permanent corrective action for key manufacturing issues.
· Develop standard operating procedures for key manufacturing processes.
· Create technical work instructions for equipment.
· Provide formal updates and reviews to HDPE Division Manager, on key projects, tooling runs, and improvement activities being implemented.
Required Skills & Abilities:
· Possess an understanding of blends and how resin is produced from other manufacturers.
· Clear understanding in the application of statistics, Design of Experiments (DOE), and root cause analysis.
· Solid analytical & systematic problem-solving skills.
· Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
· Experience participating in equipment installations as a project contributor.
· Proficient in MS Office.
Education and Experience:
· 7-10 years proven experience in developing/optimizing equipment/process, in Plastics Manufacturing, specifically Extrusion, Vacuum forming, or Injection Molding.
· Four-year degree in Chemical, Plastics, Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering is preferred.
· Experience with different types of extruders and an understanding of the Extrusion process, a plus.
· Prior experience in plastic manufacturing software a plus (General Ledger, Finance, Parts Inventory).
· Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer.
· Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting of objects up to 50 pounds; may occasionally be exposed to dangerous machinery, extreme weather conditions, and extreme noise when working at plant locations.
· Ability to travel as needed to support plant requirements.
· Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and strong mathematical aptitude.
Start up experience