Job ID: 3149598
Area Manufacturing Excellence Leader – Power & Recovery
Location: Campti, Louisiana
Industry: Paper / Packaging / Containers
Job Category: Manufacturing – Other Manufacturing
The Role You’ll Play:
Embrace safety leadership, fostering a culture of secure work practices within the mill. Ensure the application of Operational Excellence principles in daily operations to foster ongoing improvement.
Lead initiatives for identifying and executing projects focused on Cost Reduction/Deliberate Improvement within the Business Unit. Collaborate with the Business Unit Manager (BUM) to identify and validate R-Gap and A-Gap opportunities.
Support the development of the department’s annual and long-term gap closure plan, integrating it into the Budget + 4. Propel mill initiatives in the department, engaging employees in improvement and sustainability activities.
Provide Manufacturing Excellence (ME) support to project teams on budget initiatives (deliberate and continuous). Coordinate the identification, development, and successful implementation of cost reduction opportunities, both capital and non-capital.
Support, mentor, and champion Green Belt (GB), Yellow Belt (YB), and White Belt (WB) trainees during certification. Advocate for sustainable improvement practices and systems.
Promote the 5S effort within the department. Develop REACH engineers as future operations and maintenance leaders.
Utilize Advanced Analytics tools for root cause analysis and to identify process improvement opportunities. Champion RCFA for Power & Recovery Areas.
- Preferred degree in an Engineering field; relevant experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing management experience; experience as a First Line Leader, Operations Maintenance Coordinator, or Area Manager highly preferred.
- Previous experience managing direct reports is advantageous.
- Familiarity with continuous improvement concepts and tools is required.
- Expected to attain ME Green Belt certification if not already certified.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in computer applications, including spreadsheets, word processing, PI, Proficy, Parcview, Braincube, SIMCA, Minitab, or other statistical analysis software.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects/process improvements and guide a team to successful task completion.
What We Offer:
Our client, an industry leader, offers a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short-term and Long-term Disability, 401(k), Company-funded retirement contributions, Paid Time Off, Education & Development (including Tuition Reimbursement), Student Loan Repayment Assistance, and Voluntary Benefits for home, auto, vision, and pets.
Your Career Path:
Our client invests in your career growth, providing leadership training and promotional opportunities within their global company.
Join a team that contributes to building a better future for people, the planet, and the company. The client has been a leader in sustainable practices for over 120 years, and you’ll play a vital role in continuing this legacy.
Our Inclusive Culture:
Our client is committed to creating a culture where all individuals are respected, valued, engaged, and have an opportunity to do their best work every day. Join them in promoting employee well-being through safe, caring, and inclusive workplaces.
Our client, a leading global supplier of renewable fiber-based products, has many Award-Winning Clients all over. They serve customers worldwide with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, North Africa, and Europe.
Job ID: 3149598