Job Location: City of Industry, CA
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave
Pay Range: Expected Wage: $32.00
Shifts Available and Hours: Monday-Friday
Days (1st) – 6:30am – 3pm
Evenings (2nd) – 2:30pm -11pm
40 hours/week with availability for overtime
Shift Premium: 2nd shift – $2.00/hour extra
PLC Technicians will apply technical knowledge to install, repair, write, maintain, and troubleshoot a variety of electrical and electronic equipment and controls related to production and building equipment, including motors, servos, steppers, relays, circuit breakers, pic’s, proximity sensors, machine and process controls, circuits, alarms, and communication systems.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2-year Technical Degree or Certification in Electronics or Automation/Programming functions. – Preferred
- 3 years plus of maintenance experience diagnosing PLC Logic
- 3 years plus of maintenance experience troubleshooting PLC logic
- 3 years plus of maintenance experience editing/modifying PLC logic
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting, interpreting, modifying, and programming PLCs.
- Working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLCs.
- Experience using Control logic and ladder logic.
- Ability to draw out PLC/Electrical circuits.
- Maintain PLC systems by ensuring backups of all programs are available and spare parts are available for the existing systems.
- Knowledge of industrial electrical, including advanced electrical (three phase 460 volt and higher) design, sizing of components and installations, etc.
- Must have knowledge of electrical systems including motors, air compressors, pumps, AC, DC, drive troubleshooting, etc.
- Troubleshoots electrical devices in operation. Dismantles and examines devices to gain access to and remove defective parts. Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments, repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Troubleshoots, designs, upgrades, and installs electrical equipment, circuits, and systems.
- Research supplies, parts, and machines needed to complete work orders.
- Work with maintenance technicians to troubleshoot instrument and PLC problems.
- Work with engineering personnel in determining routine changes to programming on the PLCs and HMIs.
- Support projects involving PLCs by overseeing contractors and / or writing the PLC and HMI programming themselves.
Care, Courage, & Collaboration
At Hydro We care about our People!
We care about Safety!