Job ID: 3153788
Job Title: Financial Analyst – Manufacturing
Location: Scottsboro, Alabama
Industry: Building Materials
Job Category: Production Finance
Our esteemed client, a leader in the manufacturing industry, specializes in premium-quality insulation, commercial roofing, glass fibers, and nonwovens. With a history of excellence, our client has received numerous accolades for its contributions across various sectors, including building products, aerospace, automotive, transportation, filtration, commercial interiors, waterproofing, and wind energy.
This position offers an incentive bonus in addition to the competitive compensation package.
The Manufacturing Financial Analyst role involves conducting monthly financial activities, including closings, analysis, and account reconciliations for a medium-sized plant, two small plants, or a large plant with multiple accountants. Responsibilities encompass results analysis, forecast preparation for plant and business segments, capital and technical project accounting, standard cost, and budget development, and active involvement in process improvement initiatives.
Full-Time Onsite Position with Paid Relocation
This is a full-time onsite position, and our client provides paid relocation for eligible candidates.
- Deliver comprehensive financial support for plant management.
- Track project capital and expenses meticulously.
- Develop monthly forecasts and annual operating plans.
- Review, analyze, and approve spending on facility maintenance.
- Manage month-end and year-end closing activities.
- Assist in developing plant BOMs, routings, and standards.
- Lead the development of the plant financial operating plan.
- Prepare and analyze month-end reports and project updates.
- Collaborate closely with the IT team to address system issues.
- Reconcile related general ledger accounts.
- Enhance financial processes and procedures for plant operations.
- Conduct financial and strategic analysis to support accurate business decisions and investments.
- Identify and drive opportunities for cost reduction and working capital improvement.
- Oversee plant procurement.
- May be assigned other related duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting with a minimum of 5 years of experience in finance/accounting.
- Experience in cost accounting (standard costing), budgeting, forecasting, month-end, and year-end close activities, and working with inventory management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel (formulas, V-Lookups, Pivot tables), PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Demonstrated analytical ability.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with SAP or ERP systems is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to engage with all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
- Moderate travel required (11 – 29 days per year).
- The work environment is typical of an office setting.
Please Keep in Mind:
If you do not meet 100% of these requirements, our client still wants to hear from you. If you are interested in the role, we encourage you to apply so we can understand how your skills and talents align with our team.
Our client offers a comprehensive range of benefits, including subsidized and fully employee-paid options. Health benefits encompass a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, a wellness program, and critical illness insurance. The company sponsors a 401(k) plan that includes a substantial company match. Paid vacation, sick leave, and parental leave are also provided.
Additionally, our client offers basic life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available. The company also offers a variety of tax-saving accounts: health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. Tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and certain graduate programs is available.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our client is dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, considering it crucial for the long-term success of the company. The commitment extends to retaining, developing, and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. The Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) council, comprising employees from various locations, regularly meets to promote an inclusive environment. From the D&I council, a network of employee resource groups (ERGs) has emerged, focusing on supporting diverse communities in the workplace. Learn more about our diversity & inclusion initiatives on our client’s Career page.
The incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Our client is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company maintains a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment substance abuse testing.