Industry: Manufacturing & Production
Louisville, NE, US, 68037
provides Portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across North America. When you work for my award winning client, you are connecting to something bigger. We stand together to reinvent the way our world is built. Join our team and help.
The Mining Engineer works with the MT&S mining group to strategically develop short and long-term mining plans to maximize on-site reserves. This position supervises salaries supervisors responsible for managing the quarry operations to ensure an adequate amount of on-site quarry raw materials are available to meet plant production budgetary needs.
What you’ll be contributing:
- Promote and follow all plant safety guidelines.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Establishes, communicates, and assigns job responsibilities, goals, and performance standards for employees.
- Evaluates job performance and provide feedback.
- Supervises and monitors hauling, drilling, blasting, and/or land stripping operations.
- Ensures that all quarry activities are properly conducted and comply with all safety standards and regulations.
- Conducts and participates in quarry department safety meetings and safety inspections of work areas.
- Monitors production needs to ensure enough rock is available and ready for use for manufacturing.
- Ensures that enough explosives are available for use in quarry operations.
- Maintains specified records of quarry and mining activities.
- Prepares reports and other specified paperwork.
- Inspects work sites to make sure proper clean-up procedures have been executed.
- Coordinates production operations with the quarry operations to supply the needed amount of raw materials from the quarry.
- Assists as needed in planning long-term quarry development goals including mine exploration.
- Assists with the preparation of annual budgets and specifications on purchased equipment. Coordinates purchased material with plant needs.
- Maintains awareness of current industry trends and practices by reading trade and industry magazines.
- Schedules repairs and other maintenance with the maintenance department.
- Orders and obtains parts and equipment.
To succeed in this position, you will need:
- Ability to read, write and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc.
- Minimum 4 Year / Bachelors Degree in Mining, quarry or mining, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Mining, quarry or mining, or related field.
- Proficient in English written, verbal communication, and listening skills.
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Ability to perform, organize and prioritize work independently
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment in arriving at a conclusion
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects in parallel to the conclusion
- Knowledge of quarry operations, including using quarry equipment and proper procedures for using explosives safely and effectively.
- Knowledge of Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) safety regulations as well as state and federal mining laws.
What’s next for you?
We provide stability and advancement opportunities across North America. Use our tuition reimbursement program to help you meet your career goals.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive. The physical demands, working environment, and other conditions of employment listed in this document are representative of but are not intended to provide an exhaustive list of the requirements for positions in this classification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion