Job ID: 3151844
Full-Time Onsite Position with Paid Relocation
Industry: Aerospace / Aviation / Defense Job Category: Mechanical Engineering
Job Schedule: 9/80: Employees work 9 out of every 14 days – totaling 80 hours worked – and have every other Friday off.
Our client, an industry leader with many Award-Winning Clients all over, is seeking a highly motivated mechanical engineer to join their team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing a suite of interconnected algorithms and software for the control of robotic manipulators and/or motors. This position involves close collaboration with other subsystems, including perception processing, electrical engineering, and software development, to create innovative and efficient solutions to complex challenges in the field. You will work collaboratively with a team to contribute to roadmapping and future vision efforts and translate these plans into actionable short-term goals.
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of relevant prior experience. A Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of related prior experience are also acceptable. In the absence of a degree, a minimum of 8 years of relevant prior experience.
• Strong background in robotics and control systems.
• Proficiency in mathematics related to rotations, including rotation matrices, quaternions, Euler angles, etc.
• Experience with MATLAB.
• Knowledge of numerical optimization techniques.
• Familiarity with the development of autonomy and control logic, such as state machines.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Preferred but not required: Security clearance.
• Experience with ground and/or underwater autonomous vehicle operations.
• Understanding of Homogeneous Transformations (Coordinate Frame Transformations).
• Experience with serial linkages.
• Proficiency in Simulink.
• Proficiency in LabView.
• Proficiency in C++, especially the Eigen Matrix Library & Orocos Kinematics and Dynamics Library.
• Experience with Git.
• Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
• Experience with Pub/Sub communications architectures, e.g., DDS.
• Experience with (Extended/Unscented) Kalman Filters.
• Experience with Particle Filters.
• Familiarity with Robot Operating System (ROS).
• Experience with Gazebo Simulator or similar.
• Experience in debugging remote systems.
• Familiarity with sensing and/or computer vision methodologies.
• Background in System Modeling/System Identification.
• Experience with robotic manipulation on a mobile platform.
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
- Does the candidate have experience with mathematics related to rotations (rotation matrices, quaternions, Euler angles, etc.)?
- Does the candidate possess 4-8 years of experience in robotics and control systems?
- Does the candidate have experience with MATLAB?
- Does the candidate have experience in the development of autonomy and control logic (e.g., state machines)?
- Does the candidate have a security clearance? (Not required, but preferred)
Job ID: 3151844