Our esteemed client, an industry-leading company with a strong track record of excellence, is currently seeking a dedicated Manager for their Continuous Improvement & Manufacturing team. This opportunity is based in the vibrant city of Horseheads, New York, and relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates within the United States.
What You’ll Do:
In this pivotal role, you will lead and oversee various engineering and Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives. You will have the opportunity to direct the efforts of the site’s lean coordinator and tool champions, ensuring they drive plant-wide improvements, achieve business outcomes, and meet predefined assessment benchmarks.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Championing Operational Excellence in alignment with the client’s Business Excellence criteria and their Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- Providing strategic guidance to the site’s lean coordinator and lean tool champions to deliver business results and align with corporate objectives.
- Identifying and prioritizing engineering projects and Lean events. You’ll be responsible for successfully driving these projects to completion, resulting in improved plant processes and performance metrics. Your role will also involve leading or participating in Kaizen events.
- Managing, directing, and coordinating the CI and manufacturing engineering functions, with a specific focus on enhancing safety, productivity, quality, customer satisfaction, and cost efficiencies.
- Overseeing a team of manufacturing engineers and engineering supervisors, providing them with leadership and direction. Together, you’ll set meaningful goals aligned with plant objectives.
- Standardizing and consistently deploying manufacturing processes. Identifying and implementing innovative materials, equipment, processes, technology, and procedures to enhance product lines and optimize manufacturing processes.
- Managing capacity analysis, capital planning, and executing the annual capital plan. You’ll also be responsible for preparing and managing the budget for the manufacturing engineering department. Additionally, you’ll play a key role in Strategic Planning, preparing 5-year Quality, Manufacturing Technology, Lean, and Capital plans.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Three (3) years of experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Two (2) years of management experience.
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. without corporate sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or manufacturing from an accredited institution.
- Lean certification and/or familiarity with Lean tools.
- Knowledge of financial management and cost optimization strategies.
- Five (5) years of experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification.
- Experience in project management.
Our client is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are solely based on job-related qualifications and performance, regardless of factors such as race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, or veteran status, in accordance with applicable laws.
This opportunity offers a competitive bonus structure.
Job ID: 3139519