Job ID: 3164231
Position: Lead Engineering Project Manager
Our client, a prominent player in the Aerospace / Aviation / Defense industry, seeks a skilled Lead Engineering Project Manager to join their dynamic team. With a multitude of accolades, our client has earned recognition for excellence in engineering and project management.
- Oversee design, analysis, integration, and performance of transmission and related subsystems in diverse applications.
- Act as the primary technical liaison, facilitating discussions between our client and stakeholders, including Customers, Suppliers, and Contractors.
- Lead a cross-functional, matrixed engineering team encompassing Mechanical, Electrical, and Software engineering disciplines, ensuring superior work quality and timely delivery of engineering contract requirements.
- Conduct monthly assessments of project budgets, providing essential data to program finance and management teams.
- Provide extensive support to program management, addressing technical aspects such as Statements of Work (SOW), schedule adherence, cost control, and risk management.
- Approve technical reports for engineering submissions to customers.
- Assume accountability for system-level requirements related to transmissions and gear drive systems, deriving design specifications from vehicle-level requirements.
- Estimate engineering costs and serve as the technical lead for new transmission and gear drive projects, special assignments, and initiatives aimed at design and process enhancement.
- Manage engineering resources allocated to the program, assigning tasks and evaluating performance.
- Ensure comprehensive capture of data in Design Verification Test plans to assess compliance with requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or an equivalent technical BS degree, with a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience (7 years with MS or equivalent).
- In-depth expertise in transmission and gear drive design, understanding transmission performance parameters, and their impact on vehicle performance.
- Proficiency in mechanics, hydraulics, and the components of transmission and gear drive systems.
- Knowledge of powerpack integration into vehicles and understanding of how transmission operations affect vehicle performance.
- Proven project management experience, utilizing MS Project for schedule creation.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, including leading 8D investigations.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Leadership capabilities to inspire engineers toward achieving common goals of excellence.
- Ability to move freely in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in GD&T, reading machining and assembly prints, and understanding bill of materials and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to make technical decisions, achieve project objectives within budget and schedule, and work with minimal supervision.
- Collaborative spirit, capable of working effectively in a cross-functional environment on multiple projects.
- Tracking metrics and reporting engineering activity status.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical report writing and review.
- Eligibility for security clearance.
- Willingness to travel up to 10%, both domestically and internationally.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiarity with working on CAD models and proficiency in ProE (Creo) or other CAD software.
- Experience with analysis of combat vehicle propulsion systems, including transmission and powerpack performance.
- Exposure to manufacturing or assembly line setup for existing products.
- Proficiency in German language.
- Experience in a regulated aerospace/military manufacturing environment with expertise in CNC Machining, complex assembly, and product testing.
- MS degree in engineering or other master’s degree.
Note: Full-time onsite position with paid relocation assistance.