JOB ID: AUTOMATION SUPERVISOR – 272352 Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States
Industry: Food & Beverages Job Category: Engineering – Industrial / Manufacturing
Are you passionate about building a stronger, more sustainable future and advancing your career? Consider joining our global team of 155,000 dedicated employees who are committed to safe, responsible, and sustainable methods to nourish the world. We have an exciting opportunity in our food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we are at the forefront of anticipating trends related to taste, nutrition, and safety. Our goal is to innovate and provide cutting-edge solutions to manufacturers, retailers, and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
We are seeking an Automation Supervisor – Job ID: 272352, to lead and oversee a team of automation and configuration engineers. In this role, you will be responsible for executing automation and controls activities to enhance the reliability and availability of control systems in our industrial facilities. Your key focus will be on governance, standards, applications, solutions, and measurements to optimize production quality, efficiency, and volume for the business.
- Provide leadership in planning and implementing automation engineering standards and deliverables in capital projects.
- Supervise the tactical development and delivery oversight of vision, direction, and strategy for automation engineering.
- Lead the development and coaching of your team, including talent management, hiring, performance evaluations, and disciplinary actions.
- Champion adherence to the Automation SAP workflow by ensuring proper planning, scheduling of work, and effective backlog tracking and communication.
- Act as a champion for automation management of change initiatives.
- Support the development of an effective approach to identify, monitor, and implement automation standards, policies, procedures, and job aids.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to select and implement tools and methodologies that promote best practices.
- Manage the direct support and delivery of services for the organization.
- Identify opportunities and bridge gaps in automation engineering applications through the establishment of auditing control mechanisms.
- Oversee the proposal and development of recommendations for areas of improvement and implementing solutions to enhance performance while considering acceptable risk tolerance.
- Independently handle complex supervision issues, escalating only the most intricate matters to appropriate staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of four years of related work experience.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Lean Six Sigma certification.
- Project management and process safety management experience.
- Familiarity with SAP.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet. Security Clearance Required: No Visa Candidate Considered: No