Job ID: 3135339
Position: Flight Instruction Specialist
Industry: Award-Winning Aerospace, Aviation, and Defense Organization
Job Category: Aeronautic / Avionic Training Specialist
Our esteemed client, an industry leader renowned for its excellence, is seeking a Flight Instruction Specialist to join their dynamic team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Exhibit expertise in overseeing all aspects of the Fleet Replacement Detachment, Cherry Point, and Fleet Squadron curricula for flight training on KC-130J flight simulation.
- Deliver comprehensive flight training covering aircraft systems, operational protocols, and tactical deployment of the KC-130J aircraft, including conducting thorough pre-flight and post-flight analysis of training sessions.
- Collaborate in instructing, refreshing, and maintaining related educational materials, encompassing but not limited to: Instructor guides, Simulator Scenarios, computer-based training modules, and classroom lectures.
- Assess and document trainee performance during training missions; appraise and record trainer effectiveness following established criteria.
- Assist in testing and evaluating training equipment in response to the introduction of new weaponry or Engineering Change Proposals that impact the training system.
- Demonstrate unwavering mental acuity and focused concentration throughout extended training scenarios.
- Skillfully manage high-pressure training environments.
- Maintain a consistently professional demeanor and appearance.
- Execute other responsibilities as designated by the KC-130J Site Manager.
- The Flight Instruction Specialist for the KC-130J must hold or have previously held qualifications as a Basic Instructor Pilot (BIP) in accordance with Naval Air Training Operating Procedures Standardization (NATOPS) or have served as a simulator instructor pilot for the KC-130J within the past five (5) years.
- Completion of at least one (1) Fleet tour is mandatory.
- A minimum of seven hundred and fifty (750) flight hours in the KC-130J aircraft is a prerequisite.
- Prior designation as an Assistant NATOPS Instructor is essential.
- Preference will be given to candidates with titles such as Weapons and Tactics Instructor or Fleet Replacement Squadron Instructor.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens and possess the capacity to obtain a U.S. passport.
- Successful applicants will undergo a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility criteria to acquire and sustain a minimum SECRET clearance for access to classified information.
- Physical agility, including the ability to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods (up to 4 hours), ascend two flights of stairs, climb open graded ladders for cockpit access, and lift and transport objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
The Flight Instruction Specialist must successfully complete the following:
- NATOPS Open Book, Closed Book, and boldface examinations.
- Annual renewal of NATOPS qualification through the scheduling authority.
- Annual check/standardization (STAN) flight in the KC-130J simulator (WST) and in a classroom setting while delivering academic instruction. STAN assessments will be conducted at the Instructor/Operator Station (I/OS) during regularly scheduled training sessions within the Contracted Training Time (CTT).
- Annual training requirements aligned with the Naval Aviation Maintenance Program (NAMP) to facilitate essential training on operational aircraft in a non-flying capacity.
- Showcase an Instructor-level grasp of the KC-130J, encompassing its mission, crew protocols, aircraft maintenance procedures, passenger and cargo handling methods, aerial delivery procedures, tactical strategies, night vision devices (NVD), threat systems, Fleet Replacement Pilot (FRP) curricula, curriculum change requests, and the ability to instruct and employ JMPS as needed.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are prerequisites]:
- Participation in instructional enhancement and upkeep
- A minimum of seven hundred and fifty (750) flight hours in the KC-130J aircraft
- At least one (1) Fleet tour
- Basic Instructor Pilot (BIP) qualification in accordance with Naval Air Training Operating Procedures Standardization (NATOPS)
- Experience as a simulator instructor pilot for the KC-130J within the past five (5) years