Job ID: 3140329
Full-time Onsite Role with Paid Relocation
Job Title: Environmental Safety Specialist – Environmental Compliance Focus
Location: Eddyville, Iowa
Industry: Food & Beverages
Job Category: Manufacturing – Production
Join our client, an industry-leading organization, with a global presence and a multitude of awards to its name.
Job Purpose and Impact:
Our client is seeking an Environmental Safety Specialist with a specific focus on environmental compliance. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing, executing, and sustaining environmental, health, and safety as well as process safety management systems. You’ll work independently at a low to medium complex facility or provide key support at a high-complexity site. Serving as a subject matter expert, your primary responsibility will be ensuring adherence to safe and compliant operational practices that align with company policies, programs, and standards, all while complying with environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Foster positive interactions with the local community and governmental entities, enhancing our client’s external reputation.
- Provide support for environmental, health, and safety requirements during the construction phase by contractors, and assess environmental, health, and safety performance according to design during project startup.
- Collaborate with regional environmental, health, and safety teams and national authorities to manage site impact assessments, operating permits, and construction permits.
- Develop and deliver customized training content in line with global and regional requirements. Conduct gap assessments to identify training needs and execute training sessions accordingly.
- Collaborate with key site or project leaders to integrate and operationalize environmental, health, and safety programs. Foster a culture of safety, compliance, and continuous improvement.
- Adapt and integrate company-mandated and legally required work processes, programs, and controls into site-level operating procedures, tools, and work instructions. Standardize front-line processes and continually monitor, analyze, and adjust for improved performance.
- Ensure that goals, metrics, and targets are strongly aligned with the plant’s vision and targets. Collaborate on overseeing site performance targets with the plant and site leadership team, offering consultation on planning, issue and incident response, and compliance with environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Independently resolve moderately complex issues, escalating more complex matters to appropriate personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience.
- Degrees in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Science, or similar disciplines.
- Prior experience in governmental or environmental consulting.
- Previous involvement in food processing or bio-industrial manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage processes to optimize business resources.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
- Strong scientific and mathematical knowledge.
- Solid understanding of environmental regulations, practices, and standards governing food and bio-industrial facilities.
- Basic business acumen and effective communication and collaboration skills with business counterparts.