Our client, a renowned leader in the Consumer Products / Cosmetics industry, is seeking a dedicated professional for a crucial role in their organization. This role involves overseeing Environmental, Health & Safety matters, with a strong emphasis on safeguarding plant employees, the community, and the environment. Your responsibilities will encompass a wide range of safety, health, and environmental aspects, ensuring strict adherence to relevant regulations.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to lead at our client’s thriving facility in Cambridge, Ohio. This facility is strategically significant, known for its remarkable production volume, and plays a key role in our client’s global portfolio of innovative manufacturing and sustainability initiatives. Join us in shaping the future of responsible production and promoting positive change on a global scale!
The Cambridge facility is an innovative site, characterized by vertical integration that underpins its operations. From raw materials entering two pioneering sulphonation plants to automated injection molding, transforming resin into top-quality bottles, this dynamic process sets the stage for high-speed bottle manufacturing and filling production lines. Our client is committed to innovation and efficiency, and your contributions will be instrumental in shaping the industry.
As a member of the facility’s leadership team, you will report directly to the Plant Director and indirectly to the company’s Regional EHS and Sustainability Manager. You will also manage a team of three individuals, including a coordinator, specialist, and technician.
- Lead Comprehensive EHS Initiatives: Oversee all safety and environmental initiatives within the facility, aligning them with relevant regulations and corporate standards. Develop and execute strategies to enhance EHS performance.
- Ensure Regulatory Compliance: Maintain rigorous compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, as well as corporate EHS practices. Serve as a liaison between the facility and regulatory agencies, fostering transparency and cooperation.
- Project Management: Identify, design, and execute EHS-related projects. Take charge of addressing any EHS concerns with corrective actions.
- Drive Sustainability Efforts: Spearhead initiatives to improve energy efficiency and reduce the facility’s environmental footprint. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to promote sustainable practices and innovations.
- Employee Training and Education: Conduct EHS training sessions to raise employee awareness regarding safety protocols, environmental responsibilities, and regulatory compliance.
- Emergency Preparedness: Lead the development and maintenance of the Emergency Preparedness Program, ensuring its effectiveness and alignment with industry best practices.
- Manage Inspections and Audits: Coordinate and lead both internal and external inspections and audits. Promptly address findings and formulate strategies for continuous improvement in EHS performance.
- Facilitate Knowledge Transfer: Promote knowledge sharing among teams by leveraging your expertise gained from formal and informal training. Empower employees with EHS insights and best practices.
- Oversee Workers’ Compensation: Play a vital role in the comprehensive administration of workers’ compensation, safeguarding our workforce.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, or a related technical field.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in EHS management, with a solid understanding of regulations and reporting obligations.
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Profound knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Certification as a safety professional (e.g., CSP) or industrial hygiene professional (e.g., CIH).
- Over 2 years of experience in the food manufacturing industry, demonstrating a deep understanding of its unique EHS challenges.
- Experience in managing process safety management (PSM) covered processes/programs and implementing PSM requirements.
- Proficiency in leading root cause analysis investigations and ensuring the development of appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
Our client has received numerous awards and recognition for their excellence in various locations worldwide.