Industry: Paper / Packaging / Containers
This role provides technical execution, leadership, coordination, and expertise in the area of environmental compliance and performance. This position will have accountability for managing compliance programs, tracking and implementing new requirements, reviewing changes and obtaining plans/permits, and assuring compliance with federal, state, local, and company environmental requirements.
Responsibilities may include:
· Serve as an environmental technical expert for the mill
· Primary contact with regulatory agencies and other outside stakeholder groups
· Ensure the mill complies with all applicable environmental laws and regulations and corporate policies
· Complete all regulatory reporting requirements and permitting processes
· Support all environmental incident investigations and drive corrective action completeness
· Develop, implement, and maintain effective systems and procedures to achieve an environmentally incident-free mill
· Drive initiatives to identify and develop processes for continuous improvement
· Coordinate within the EHS department and other business units to optimize area performance to meet the needs of the department and the mill, including process balances as needed (e.g. upset conditions and outages)
· Provide technical process evaluations and improvements
· Provide support for capital project development and implementation
· Maintain awareness of emerging federal, state, and local environmental regulations.
· Actively manage costs of services and supplies needed in the area of responsibility
· Serve on a weekend duty team supporting environmental
· Monitor environmental parameters through PI/Proficy to ensure continuous permit compliance
· Review and maintain the compliance calendar for task completion
· Participate in compliance inspections and audits
· Provide Environmental Training for mill
· Annual outage planning and execution
Proficient in the functional/technical skills needed to ensure compliance with applicable environmen
Capability to manage large quantities of data, review data for accuracy and completeness, and genera
Execute, manage, and coordinate multiple programs and deadlines.