Position: Electrical Engineer
Our client, a leader in the Aerospace / Aviation / Defense industry, is seeking a skilled Electrical Engineer to join their dynamic team. With numerous accolades, our client serves a diverse range of industries globally.
Full-Time Onsite Position with Paid Relocation
- Act as the main point of contact for assigned program(s).
- Aid in the capture of electrical requirements for hybrid powerpacks, breaking them down into sub-systems and component requirements to meet client specifications.
- Assist in defining the electrical architecture of hybrid powerpacks, emphasizing high voltage power management, conversion, and regulation, including isolation, shielding, routing, connectors, etc.
- Conduct comprehensive studies and design the electric and/or hybrid powertrain system, focusing on safety, quality, and cost. Lead or participate in DFMEA at system, subsystem, and/or vehicle levels. Develop design guidelines for hybrid powerpacks.
- Support the design and release of power electronics, generator, gearbox, charging system, and thermal management system for hybrid powerpacks. Provide support for dynamometer and vehicle level testing.
- Review and approve technical content in detailed drawings.
- Develop, review, and approve test plans and reports to validate new designs.
- Lead the creation and delivery of engineering reports & presentations.
- Conduct/evaluate failure investigations.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited university with a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience.
- Profound understanding of various hybrid and/or electric vehicle architectures, encompassing subsystems and component design or selection for high voltage and high current applications.
- Expertise in motors, inverters, DC-DC power conversions, and associated power electronics.
- Strong knowledge of high-power EMI / EMC.
- Experience in thermal management for power electronics and battery components.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple project tasks to meet established deadlines.
- Must be eligible to obtain a DOD security clearance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Availability for domestic and international travel (less than 10%).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- PhD or MS Degree specializing in power electronics from an accredited institution.
- Minimum five (5) years of hands-on experience with Electric Vehicle (EV) or Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) powertrains, with a focus on power electronics architectures and control/software development.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in developing electrical hardware, including DC-DC converters, permanent magnet machine controls, or motor controls.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in inverter systems or electric vehicle AC and DC charging technologies, power electronics standards, and regulation, including but not limited to ISO 26262.
- Experience conducting electrical, thermal, and EMC analysis on DC-DC, inverter, or integrated power electronics systems and subsystems.
Skills and Certifications:
- Hybrid powerpack experience
- Drive-by-wire and hybrid controls experience