Award-Winning Client in Lockport, NY seeks a talented Electrical Engineer for a full-time onsite role with paid relocation assistance available.
- Champion continuous enhancement of electrical power systems, electrical controls, motors, drives, and related components, with a focus on quality improvement.
- Conduct equipment electrical troubleshooting.
- Provide support to the Maintenance division, contributing to continuous enhancement initiatives, delivering training, assisting with day-to-day operations, and ensuring electrical safety.
- Collaborate on major Maintenance and Capital projects.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot challenges to propose strategies and solutions for improvement.
- Apply engineering principles and process control strategies to boost the operational efficiency of both new and existing automation systems.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to implement process control models, strategies, and other methods to ensure strong results, reliability, and efficiencies.
- Offer technical expertise to support capital projects, conduct process evaluations, and implement project modifications.
- Maintain and regularly update process documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment, particularly from a maintenance perspective involving heavy industrial equipment.
- Proficiency with motor control centers, PLCs, static drives, electro/mechanical devices, and power distribution.
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience, strong decision-making skills, and the ability to collaborate with union employees.
- Exposure to Automation, Programming, or control systems theory.
- Prior experience supporting process control systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with process control systems, including Rockwell and HMI packages.
- Understanding of drive control theory and operation.
- Experience with intelligent motor control centers (e.g., Siemens Simocode and AS-i).
- Leadership or participation in teams comprised of individuals with diverse technical and non-technical backgrounds for continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Proficiency in electro-mechanical system integration.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills using data archive and analysis tools, such as IBA.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Effective problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all organizational levels.
- Ability to work independently with high motivation and strong organizational capabilities.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Proficiency with computer systems and Microsoft Office.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to thrive in a highly motivated team environment.