Job ID: 3avmjbtikl45
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- At least 5 years of experience in a related clinical role, with a preference for 1 year in a clinical leadership capacity.
- Current Iowa Registered Nurse license.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrating strict adherence to safety protocols, regulations, and displaying competence in all relevant safety policies.
- Exhibiting the essential competencies concerning facility and patient safety, alongside infection control. Advocating for a secure environment and ensuring safe patient care practices.
- Managing financial aspects effectively for the specified service area.
- Formulating annual budgets encompassing revenue, personnel, operations, and capital expenses for the designated service line.
- Scrutinizing financial data for noteworthy variances and addressing them as necessary.
- Providing substantiated rationales and justifications for budget requests and guaranteeing the presence of a sufficient number of qualified personnel.
- Implementing strategies for cost containment.
- Establishing and overseeing productivity benchmarks for the specified service line.
- Assessing and upholding management information systems to monitor and elucidate deviations from established parameters.
- Supervising human resources within the service line, including defining job roles and responsibilities, recruitment, and retention activities.
- Engaging in the recruitment, selection, and promotion process for positions within the service line.
- Conducting orientation sessions, in-services, on-the-job training, and continuing education programs as necessary.
- Participating in the annual performance appraisal process and handling personnel matters such as counseling, coaching, commendations, and disciplinary actions.
- Cultivating an environment conducive to staff growth, development, productivity, and satisfaction through the application of motivation, recognition, and accountability principles.
- Promoting positive relationships with the medical staff within the designated service line.
- Sustaining regular communication channels with physicians and physician clinics.
- Collaborating with the physician co-chair and encouraging active physician and staff involvement in the Service Line Council to realize strategic objectives.
- Engaging medical staff in staff development initiatives and soliciting their input for enhancing patient safety and developing clinical policies and procedures.
- Collaborating with the physician recruiter when necessary for on-site recruitment and medical staff orientation procedures.
- Ensuring the delivery of high-quality patient care within the designated service line by facilitating the planning and monitoring of quality, risk management, and safety activities.
- Ensuring compliance with laws, regulations, and accreditation standards.
- Establishing effective methods for information dissemination vertically and horizontally.
- Ensuring the presence of current and comprehensive policies and procedures aligned with applicable laws, regulations, and standards.
- Providing opportunities for service line staff to participate in policy development processes, staff development programs, and work/role redesign initiatives.
- Facilitating the modification and development of information systems to meet evolving information needs and enhance clinical practice through automation.
- Promoting and implementing competency-based professional development models.
- Consistently surpassing internal and external customer expectations and fostering effective relationships within and between departments and organizations.
- Fostering an environment of open communication and contributing to mutual respect and understanding.
- Cultivating an atmosphere that respects sociocultural diversity in care delivery.
- Demonstrating an understanding of and promoting ethical principles in clinical practice.
- Facilitating conflict resolution.
- Ensuring patient, family, and visitor satisfaction with services.
- Collaborating with students and educational institutions to enhance learning experiences.
- Driving strategic service line development through growth initiatives and recognition.
- Participating in education offerings, addressing hospital and community groups, and engaging in health-related activities and groups.
- Coordinating the development of marketing plans in collaboration with the marketing department and Service Line Council.
- Identifying data requirements and conducting appropriate analyses for business plan development related to new services or growth opportunities.
- Demonstrating proactive engagement in professional development by seeking constructive feedback, participating in peer review, and pursuing additional knowledge and skills relevant to the service line.
- Seeking experiences to expand and maintain the knowledge and skill base.
- Attaining appropriate formal education and/or certification for career advancement.
- Building a network of peers in the state/region for idea-sharing and collaborative problem-solving.
- Collaborating with administration, peers, nursing personnel, and members of other disciplines to participate in nursing and organizational policy formulation, organizational accountability, evaluation of department quality standards, performance improvement, personnel supervision, staffing and scheduling, orientation, education, credentialing, and continuing professional development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in caring for various patient populations.
- Demonstrates expertise in planning care provision for patients across all age groups, including addressing special needs and behavior of each group.
- Possesses effective communication skills, strong leadership abilities, and exceptional interpersonal relations skills.
- Minimum of a baccalaureate degree in nursing; a master’s degree is preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in related clinical practice, with 1 year in a clinical leadership role preferred.
- Current Iowa Registered Nurse license.
- Initial Phone Interview with [Client’s CNO or Appropriate Title]
- Onsite Interview with [Client’s Administration and Leadership]
Company Culture & Perks:
OUR MISSION: Making Communities Healthier®
OUR VISION: We aspire to create places where:
- Individuals choose to seek healthcare services.
- Physicians desire to practice.
- Employees wish to contribute their talents.
WHAT WE DO: For over 125 years, our client has been dedicated to serving the Ottumwa community and Southeast Iowa residents. They are a regional health center offering an extensive array of healthcare services, including emergency medicine, critical care, medical/surgical care, acute rehabilitation, obstetrics, pediatrics, and specialized services like cardiac catheterization, radiological services, wound care, and more.
WHO WE ARE: The client’s team comprises high-caliber medical professionals, many of whom are board-certified. They offer a comprehensive range of services, from family medicine and internal medicine to specialized fields such as general surgery, gastroenterology, orthopedics, urology, cardiology, radiation oncology, and more. Their dedicated associates work closely together to provide personalized, seamless care to patients while offering support to families and friends. Thank you for considering this opportunity to contribute to the healthcare needs of our community