Job ID: 3190128
Director of Clinical Quality Improvement – Full Time Days
Industry: Healthcare / Health Services
Job Category: Medical / Health – Nurse Leadership
Our Award Winning Client, a nationally recognized healthcare leader, is seeking a Director of Clinical Quality Improvement to join their dynamic team. This full-time position offers an exciting opportunity with paid relocation for the ideal candidate. If you are a qualified professional with a passion for quality and patient safety, we encourage you to apply.
As a key member of the hospital management team, the Director of Clinical Quality Improvement (DCQI) plays a crucial role in the strategic development and implementation of quality and patient safety programs. This includes overseeing performance improvement, patient safety, and accreditation processes. The DCQI provides leadership in promoting a Culture of Safety, utilizing effective performance improvement methodologies, and ensuring data integrity, validity, and reliability. Acting as the liaison with regulatory agencies such as The Joint Commission and CMS, the DCQI ensures continuous survey readiness processes. Collaborating with the Medical Staff, the DCQI promotes evidence-based quality and safety, focusing on optimal patient outcomes. Aligning quality improvement goals with organizational priorities is a key responsibility.
Minimum Education/Minimum Experience:
- Degree (Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate) in a health-related field, with 5 years of relevant hospital management experience. Allied health professionals with extensive hospital experience (>7 years or other pertinent credentials) will also be considered.
- Experience in quality/performance improvement, and as applicable, in case management and other related areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Performance Improvement, Outcomes, and Quality Management.
- Proficiency in interpreting and processing data in an analytical manner.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Strong computer operational skills, understanding of statistics, spreadsheets, and database systems.
- Current understanding of regulations related to The Joint Commission, state-specific requirements, and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Familiarity with Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) guidelines/processes and awareness of current trends in quality and other applicable areas.
- Registered Nurse Preferred.
- Certified Professional Risk Management Certification and/or Certified Professional Healthcare Quality Certification within three years of hire.
Our client consistently receives awards for their commitment to excellence in healthcare. With operations spanning the nation, they are at the forefront of providing top-notch medical specialists and tailored service lines in each community they serve.
This individual’s responsibilities include:
- Leading Quality/Performance Improvement activities across the hospital.
- Integrating Quality/Performance Improvement Program activities for the Medical and Hospital-wide Staff.
- Managing data and reporting for Quality/Performance Improvement initiatives.
- Overseeing the Quality/Performance Improvement department and staff.
- Ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures related to HIPAA, including the minimum requirements for the DCQI position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required: Registered Professional Nurse (RN) with Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate degree in a patient care-related field.
- Required: 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement.
- Required: Must be currently licensed, certified, or registered to practice the profession as required by law, regulation in the state of practice, or policy. CPHQ or eligible to take the exam within two years of employment.
- Full-time position
- Relocation Assistance Available – Possible for the ideal candidate
- Seniority Level – Director
- Management Experience Required – No
- Minimum Education – High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Willingness to Travel – Occasionally
US Citizenship or Green Card Holders only apply.
Note: Resumes will be maintained in strict confidentiality until such time as we engage in a detailed discussion regarding a specific opportunity, and both parties mutually agree to proceed. We consistently receive new opportunities every day. Should your professional background closely align with the specific requirements of our client, we will promptly reach out to you to initiate further exploration of potential opportunities.