Full-time onsite with paid relocation
Our Award Winning Client operates nationally and has garnered numerous accolades for its contributions to the industry.
Location: Nacogdoches, USA
Overview: The Test/Controls Engineer plays a pivotal role in supporting our new US$100M facility investment in Nacogdoches. Responsible for achieving business and financial goals, this position focuses on developing and maintaining robust testing and assembly processes. The role encompasses design, development, fabrication, validation, installation, support, and troubleshooting of production test equipment and programs. The Test/Controls Engineer leads cross-functional project teams and provides expertise in manufacturing and test equipment selection, ensuring compliance with safety standards and operational requirements.
- Provide guidelines for the design and selection of manufacturing and test equipment.
- Support, service, and troubleshoot test equipment and electrical systems within the plant.
- Develop equipment specifications ensuring compliance with electrical safe work practices and OSHA requirements. Identify potential safety hazards and provide input into the remediation process to ensure equipment functionality meets required specifications.
- Conduct root cause and failure analysis. Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to deliver specified cost, quality, and performance in a safe and efficient manner. Mentor others in critical thinking and problem-solving techniques.
- Guide and instruct the capital equipment selection process.
- Develop and evaluate Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR’s) for major new product or process programs and initiatives related to testing/controls.
- Leverage advanced technology and innovation to enhance the effectiveness of information systems for testing/controls.
- Identify and implement opportunities to streamline factory floor test information flow.
- Lead projects, develop project goals, budgets, and work breakdown structures.
- Proactively align cross-functional resources such as Production, Quality, EHS, Maintenance, Engineering, and contractors/vendors to ensure project goals are met. Develop and execute communication plans among project/program working groups, associated leadership teams, and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in support of a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with PLC, HMI programming, and safety systems design.
- Proficiency in various computer programming software such as Visual Basic/Studio, SQL, and other Microsoft applications.
- Experience with Rockwell Software (RS and Factory Talk): RSLogix 5, RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, Studio 5000, FactoryTalk View ME, FactoryTalk SE, VB6.
- Skills in NI LabVIEW and NI TestStand.
- Project Management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret regulations and standards, and implement Electrical Safe Work practices such as NFPA 70E.
Skills and Certifications (Required):
- Electrical engineering.
- Manufacturing experience.
- PLC and HMI programming.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required: No
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Willingness to Travel: Occasionally
Employment Type: Full-time
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
US Citizenship or Green Card Holders only apply
Note: Resumes will be maintained in strict confidentiality until such time as we engage in a detailed discussion regarding a specific opportunity, and both parties mutually agree to proceed. We consistently receive new opportunities every day. Should your professional background closely align with the specific requirements of our client, we will promptly reach out to you to initiate further exploration of potential opportunities.