Job ID: 3155094
Award-Winning Client Seeks Combustion Methods Analysis Engineer
Location: San Diego, California
Industry: Energy – Oil / Refinery / Drilling
Job Category: Engineering – Other Engineering
Our esteemed client, a leader in the Energy industry, is in search of a highly skilled Engineer specializing in Combustion Methods Analysis. This opportunity involves contributing to aerodynamics, heat transfer, and combustion instability prediction/analysis for the design and analysis of a comprehensive range of combustion liners and fuel injectors. You will play a crucial role in injector aerodynamics design, one-dimensional flow analysis of combustion systems, and thermal analysis of injectors using advanced thermal software.
- Provide support for aerodynamics, heat transfer, and combustion instability prediction/analysis.
- Contribute to the design and analysis of combustion liners and fuel injectors.
- Assist in applying associated gas, low and medium wobbe gases, and exotic fuel compositions.
- Conduct injector aerodynamics design and one-dimensional flow analysis of combustion systems.
- Perform injector thermal analysis using advanced thermal software.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Self-motivation with a strong aptitude in gas turbine applications.
- Significant experience in aerodynamics, heat transfer, and combustion instability.
- Advanced knowledge of combustion system design principles, thermal and fluid science.
- Willingness to learn and conduct rig validation testing of combustion systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, collaborating effectively within an engineering team.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with gas turbine systems or an MSME and a minimum of 10 years of aerodynamic and heat transfer design/analysis experience.
- Use of commercial 1D flow network codes.
- Experience with Flownex is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of three-dimensional simulation tools for aerodynamics and heat transfer.
- Experience in the use of commercial CFD codes.
Compensation & Benefits:
The total rewards package, beyond the base salary, includes:
- Annual incentive bonus plan*
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage from day 1
- Generous paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc.)
- 401(k) Savings Plan including company match
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance
- Parental leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Voluntary Benefits and Employee Discounts
- Career Development
*Subject to annual eligibility and incentive plan guidelines
Note: This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O.
Job ID: 3155094