Currently in search of an Automated Inspections Engineer to join their Aerospace and Automotive Products Business Unit in Davenport, IA. Since it opened in 1948, Davenport aluminum facility has been at the forefront of American manufacturing. Nestled on the banks of the Mississippi River in Iowa, the plant employs over 2,500 people and is a focal point of the global aluminum industry, with 20 percent of revenues coming from exports.
Through continued modernization, including a $300 million investment to increase automotive sheet production, Davenport has maintained its position as the world’s premier aerospace supply plant and is today a hub of $4 billion aerospace business.
The Automated Inspections Engineer will:
- Provide engineering support for Surface Quality Monitoring (SQM) Systems, Marker systems, and other critical automated inspection devices within Davenport and Satellites.
- Design, purchase, install, and support maintenance of SQM systems, Marker systems, and other critical customer/process measuring devices for Davenport and Satellites.
- Identify new opportunities for automated inspection systems to add business value
- Ensure installed automation inspection systems are functioning optimally to deliver intended business results
- Incorporate SMART Manufacturing principles and tools into automated inspection systems to improve processes, data collection/analysis, and drive quick results in recovery improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience designing, installing, maintaining electromechanical systems or inspection systems.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Experience with optical scanning or vision systems
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence and Smart Manufacturing
- Demonstrated success as a project implementation manager, including budget and schedule development.
- Good oral and written communication skills in a variety of settings (shop floor, peers, plant leadership, etc)
- Understand the complexity of (and succeed in) a matrix organization
ABOUT Davenport Works
Davenport Works is the country’s largest aluminum rolling mill, it was opened in 1948 and currently employs more than 2,000 people and ships product worldwide. It is in Riverdale in the Quad Cities (Davenport and Bettendorf in southeastern Iowa, and Rock Island and Moline in northwestern Illinois). The Quad Cities is 3 hours south-west of Chicago, 4 hours north of St. Louis, and less than 3 hours from Des Moines. The Quad Cities is home to St. Ambrose University among 8 educational institutes. Major outdoor summer music festivals include the Bix Beiderbecke Memorial Jazz Festival, Mississippi Valley Blues Festival, and River Roots Live.
a Fortune 500 company, is a leading provider of aluminum sheet, plate and extrusions, as well as innovative architectural products, that advance the automotive, aerospace, commercial transportation, industrial and building and construction markets. Building on more than a century of innovation, helps to transform the way we fly, drive, and build. We are proud that 77% of our employees are happy working for and would recommend it as a great place to work and that 80% of our employees would recommend their managers to others.
We live our core values and commit to delivering sustainable value to our customers, our employees, our communities and our shareholders.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.) and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Qualified candidate must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the relevant government agency. Business demands may require employer to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience designing, installing, maintaining electromechanical systems or in