Job ID: 3120676
Location: East Aurora, New York, United States
Industry: Aerospace / Aviation / Defense
Senior Manufacturing Engineer Role – Exclusive Opportunity
About Our Award-Winning Client: Our esteemed client, a leader in cutting-edge flight controls and actuation for global commercial and military aircraft, seeks a talented Senior Manufacturing Engineer.
Position: Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Location: East Aurora, NY
- Spearhead the exploration and integration of emerging technologies in manufacturing engineering.
- Collaborate extensively on Design for Manufacturing initiatives across diverse engineering groups.
- Define manufacturing procedures, sequence operations, generate tooling and gauge lists, develop and validate N/C programs, and create comprehensive operations sheets and work instructions for intricate machined components and sub-assemblies.
- Champion the enhancement of mature programs through the utilization of CAD/CAM, custom macros, and manual coding.
- Formulate, monitor, and update engineered or estimated time standards for set-up and run hours, man to machine ratios, and economic run quantities for all component processes.
- Provide cost estimates for new business acquisition and continuous process improvement endeavors.
- Engage in daily collaboration with a variety of stakeholders, including internal engineers, technicians, operations, and quality personnel, along with external suppliers, to troubleshoot process-related challenges.
- Undertake leadership responsibilities delegated by the Group Lead and/or Manufacturing Engineer Manager.
- Foster the support and optimization of production automated manufacturing cells, steering towards process stability for reduced attended labor and human factor variation.
- Incorporate a “Lean Mindset” and leadership skills to drive transformative change towards a “Lean factory” and “Standardized Work” (Lean belt certification is advantageous).
- Exhibit strong tooling and/or fixture design prowess.
- Demonstrate expertise in developing automated and advanced manufacturing systems.
- Leverage program management training and experience, if applicable.
- A minimum of 5 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience with progressive responsibilities.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, or Technology preferred).
- Proficiency in CAD/CAM CNC programming (NX preferred).
- Extensive experience in CNC Milling machine processing, tooling, and programming (4 and 5 axis machining).
- Access to US export-controlled information may be required.
- Forward-thinking and self-initiated professional mindset.
- Exceptional communication and documentation skills.
- Strong background in tooling and/or fixture design preferred.
- Expertise in developing automated and advanced manufacturing systems.
- Program management training and experience is a plus.
Join our Award-Winning Client and Make a Difference!
Job ID: 3120676