Job ID: zl120qmfdnya
Full-time Onsite Role with Paid Relocation
Major Project Technician II – Travel Technician
Our client, a renowned industry player with a multitude of accolades, is currently seeking a skilled Major Project Technician II – Travel Technician. Join our dynamic team and play a crucial role in ensuring our clients receive top-notch services related to power generation and HVAC solutions.
Why Choose Our Client? Here are some of the benefits:
- Home-based opportunity available in various US cities with major airports, with up to 75% travel.
- Competitive compensation with potential for additional rewards.
- Generous travel allowance of $2.50 per hour.
- 23/10 schedule for optimal work-life balance.
- Annual bonus program to recognize and reward your contributions.
- No-cost medical plan option available.
- Comprehensive technical training programs, both in-person and virtual, covering various aspects including diesel, gas, compressed air, electrical, controls, oil-free air compressors, HVAC, microgrid & storage, and more.
- Opportunities for career growth and tuition reimbursement.
- Immerse yourself in a safety-focused culture working with cutting-edge technology.
What the Role Entails:
As a Major Project Technician II, you will be part of an elite technician team working on diverse projects ranging from large-scale events to supporting utility customers and participating in refinery turnaround teams. Key responsibilities include:
- Installation, commissioning, service, and repair of generators, diesel engines, electrical distribution equipment, HVAC systems, and/or oil-free air (OFA) systems.
- Commissioning for Major Projects and other complex initiatives.
- Troubleshooting equipment failures, both on Major Projects and at service centers.
- Utilizing mathematical formulas to calculate nominal and effective tonnage and/or kW requirements.
- Reading and comprehending electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, and service manuals.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of, practicing, and promoting safe working conditions in accordance with OSHA, EPA, and other regulations governing the safe operation of equipment.
- Interface with a remote operations center to prevent failures, assist in designing proactive notification systems, and ensure compliance.
Expertise and Qualifications:
- Willingness to travel extensively, up to 75%, and be away for extended periods.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent.
- 4-6 years of experience in power generators, commercial HVAC equipment, and/or oil-free air (OFA) compressors, encompassing inspections, maintenance, and repairs.
- Certifications such as Electrical Generating System Association technician are advantageous.
- Proficiency in using metering and instruments like multi-meters, amp meters, and hygrometers.
- Possession of a valid Letter of Electrical Authorization for Aggreko.
- Capability to obtain and maintain a TWIC card or valid DOT medical card based on customer requirements.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to move or lift objects, typically less than 75 lbs.
- Are you open to travel up to 75%?
- Upon receiving an offer, you will be subject to a background check and drug test. Do you have any concerns?
- What equipment have you worked on?
- Are you available to work on weekends?
- Do you have any HVAC Certification? EPA Universal.
- Are you familiar with working on Chillers?
- How many years of experience do you have in the industry working on HVAC on the Industrial/Commercial side?
- Assessment test – Must complete within 45 minutes to an hour and score at least 70%.
- Virtual interview – Conducted on Microsoft Teams.
- On-site interview – At a facility.