Job ID: 486824
Full-Time Onsite Position with Paid Relocation
Job ID: 486824
Electrical Engineer – Chanute, KS
Position Summary: Our client is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join their team in Chanute, KS. This role involves coordinating engineering activities for the implementation of new processes and the enhancement of existing ones. The position offers electrical engineering support throughout the facility.
- Safety Advocate: Promote and adhere to all safety guidelines within the plant.
- Equipment Maintenance: Take responsibility for the upkeep of survey equipment, computer automation hardware and software, and other essential plant equipment utilized by the Electrical Plant Engineer.
- PLC Expertise: Play a crucial role in PLC additions and requirements.
- Meeting Engagement: Participate actively in plant meetings concerning operations activities, safety protocols, environmental concerns, and special projects.
- Project Management: Plan, survey, design, and draft electrical specifications, collaborating with electrical contractors for new projects’ execution and existing ones’ enhancement. Oversee and inspect contractor work.
- Engineering Support: Provide miscellaneous engineering assistance as needed for various quarry operations and plant construction projects.
- Regulatory Compliance: Assist plant management in maintaining compliance with local, state, and federal regulations related to safety, environmental issues, etc. Deliver associated training when required.
- Field Operations: Conduct field measurements, inventory calculations, and related activities associated with materials inventories.
- Reporting: Prepare and submit reports on various engineering activities as requested by plant management.
- Data Management: Maintain updated plant equipment data files, site maps, various drawings, engineering reference material, and records of the plant’s underground utilities.
- Equipment Inspection: Inspect electrical equipment upon arrival at the plant.
- Safety Training: Provide electrical safety training and inspections as necessary.
- RCRA Training: Attend RCRA training for waste-derived fuel activities (cement plants only).
- Additional Responsibilities: Undertake any additional duties assigned by the supervisor.
To excel in this role, you should have:
- The ability to read, write, and comprehend warning labels, instructions, signs, etc.
- A minimum of a 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in project management and familiarity with contractors and salespeople.
- Exposure to a professional engineering environment.
- Experience in heavy industry with a blend of office and field experience in engineering design, including the use of programmable logic control equipment, and construction.
- Proficiency in English written and verbal communication skills.
- Decision-making and sound judgment skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering theories, principles, and techniques, especially those in the field of electrical engineering.
- A working knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations related to environmental and safety issues.
- Familiarity with contract management practices and cement and/or lime manufacturing processes.
- Competence in using and troubleshooting engineering equipment such as measuring devices, calculators, computers, and PLCs.
- The ability to exercise independent judgment in daily activities, working in conjunction with the mechanical plant engineer.
- The capability to work under general supervision using specified standard practices and procedures, with the option to refer to a supervisor for guidance on unusual problems.
About Our Client:
Our client has a rich heritage and operates with a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while enjoying the career opportunities of a large international organization. They have received numerous awards for their excellence.